2014/09/11

Endelig nordlys!

...or in English: northern lights, finally!

The season has officially started with very good shows already, we hope that this will only be the beginning.

Due to my day job, I have been lucky enough to be in perfect locations for northern light shooting, but unlucky enough to have clouds all around me. However, I managed to get some decent shots in a small window of time where skies cleared up.

This is just the beginning, and I am already working on some video sequences, stay tuned!

This photo was shot in Hestdalen, a small valley up in the tundra in the Varanger Peninsula. This area is blessed with breathtaking sceneries on the coast, an immense national park (Varangerhalvøya nasjonalpark) and incredible salmon fishing rivers.

Not only that, but the wildlife around is just incredible: reindeer (caribou), moose, ptarmigans, buzzards, skuas... all you can imagine!

I have spent the last few summers doing my job as a biologist in this peninsula, and I cannot stress it enough: if you ever go to the north cape, do take a couple of extra days and drive around, get in touch with the locals, and enjoy the unique scenery of this area! Their official tourist website is not very updated, but they show just enough to want to be there: http://www.varanger.com/index.php?lang=eng

Bring binoculars (and a warm jacket!): if you want to be in a remote, solitary place to relax and enjoy yourself and your family, then northern Norway (and especially Varanger) is your perfect destination!

You can also like my facebook page or send me an e-mail if you have any questions!

ISO 1000, 4", f=2.8
Do you also see a dragon here?

No comments:

Post a Comment