2013/09/10

Starting again

The midnight sun period is long gone in Tromsø, and nights are becoming darker and darker.

The first northern light was spotted in Tromsø a couple of weeks ago, but I have been out for this period. However, during a trip to Finnmark (northern Norway), I managed to spot a nice northern light. While I process the pictures, here you have a small teaser of what is coming:

ISO 400, f=2.8, 10 seconds exposure time¨
Note the sunset on the right corner: with long exposure times, we see that nights are not completely dark yet...


During the summer period, I have been updating the page:


- New layout, hopefully easier to follow. I have also added a small widget for the Aurora OVATION product from the space weather prediction center, so you can check the activity at any given time. Check the thumbnail on the upper left corner of the blog!

- I have created a brand new Youtube channel (the northern light channel), where I will post the videos and time-lapses I create, making it easier to follow the proper channel. Videos posted to my personal account will stay there.

-More control on ads: I am trying to set a proper set of ads that may be of interest for aurora hunters, or people willing to travel. This is a hard task, and if you find offensive advertisements (such as online dating), please let me know and I will try to take them down.

And of course, remember that this blog is made to help you through the process of taking proper pictures of northern lights, with the most important steps summarized here.

And of course, this blog is made for you: ask me questions via e-mail, facebook page or leaving a comment here, and I will try to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment